Friday, May 18, 2007

Mom and my First Sock

So many to-drool-over photos of socks on the blogosphere I finally made the plunge and made my first sock. It's definitely NOT something to drool over, in fact, it's completely unwearable. But, Hey, I learned alot from doing it. I'm gonna keep it for posterity.



Using Alison's ankle socks pattern and Lion Brand magic stripes on US3 DPNs. The short row heels are very bad but I did better with the short row toe. Then came the grafting; I screwed that up big time. pulled the stitches to tight. such is life and then so we learn.

I cast on another sock right after; jumping back on the horse. This time using Wendy's general toe-up sock formula. No grafting! heehee. So far just have the toe done and the short rows are looking good. Photo later.

I made a brief detour back to the beads to make a present for Mother's Day.




For my standby project I have this seasilk scarf in progress. So nice working with seasilk!

No comments: