Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's a Mystery

On the sock front I've started the Socktopia Mystery Sock. So far only the cuff has been released. This is the first top-down sock I've ever done and I'm a bit apprehensive about how badly I'm gonna mess this up. But then, we don't learn if we don't try.



I'm researching and reading lots of patterns for baby socks, booties, hats, and blankies. I've recently learned that my sister is expecting. I already have 4 nephews and 2 nieces but this will be the first baby since I've taken up knitting. I don't usually put too much pressure on myself but I really, really want to gift new baby with a knit treasure that will become a favorite.



This is my first baby garment. The cutest hat using this pattern. Haven't done the flowers yet but even without them it is soooo cute!

Does anyone have suggestions of best yarns for babies? Preferably machine washable and dryable?

No comments: